Friday, February 8, 2013

Teddy Bears in the making......

At the moment in Home Ec, we have started making teddies. We were given the list of materials before Christmas so that we would have everything that we needed when we came back after the Christmas holidays! The material that I chose is denim! We also had to get brown embroidery thread and eyes!
Since we do cookery in our Tuesday double class, Ms M told us that we would be sewing in our Friday double class! So far i have drawn our teddy bear patterns, pinned them to our fabric, cut the pieces out and started my teddy's arms, legs and ears. For the arms,legs and ears, you have to tack two pieces together before using the sewing machine! This is what I did in class today! I had finished the tacking in the class last Friday so Ms M brought some sewing machines into the kitchen so that myself and other people who were finished could sew the limbs together properly! I then removed the tacking from the pieces, except for one arm which chose not to cooperate and had to be
ripped back and started again! After all of the tacking was removed I started tacking the ears onto the back of the head! I will post pictures next week!
Eilise :Dxx

No comments:

Post a Comment