Sunday, February 10, 2013

Music Night is looming..............

In Music at the moment, we are practising our song for the music night. The music night is an annual event to showcase the musical talent in the school. Performances will be done by each of the first, second , TY and fifth year classes. There will also be performances from the choir, the orchestra, trad group and other solo performers. This year my class is doing a medley of three songs- Hall of fame by the script, Ho Hey by the lumineers and I follow rivers by Lykke Li. I am really enjoying learning the songs and everyone gets really into it and sings their hearts out. I will be playing the piano accompaniment along with Ciara K, Shannon and Sarah Q on guitars, Zoe on the ukulele, Ciara M on the bongo, Orla on the triangle, Eimear on the tamborine and ruth will be keeping the beat with the biro. Everyone else will be singing and dancing along. I think that the three songs are completly different but they work really well together.
 I have been working really hard because Ms S has asked me to play the intro for hall of fame, however this intro is quite fast and was hard to learn! But at long last I have got the hang of it and it sounds really good. The songs are also coming together. Everyone was a bit worried at first about what it would sound like but I think that everyone is happy now.
Here are the three songs that we will be performing:







No comments:

Post a Comment