Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cassette Tape portraits

At the moment in art, We ask doing portraits of famous people. However they arent normal portraits. Mrs O S asked us if we would like to use cassette tapes to make our portraits different. We all jumped for the idea and were really excited about it. The first thing that we need to do was get a picture of our chosen celebrity. The celebrity that I chose to do is Olly Murs because he is one of my favorite singers. We went to the computer room to select our images from google and then used a site called pixlr to make the picture black and white (the black would be cassette tapes). We each printed of one picture and went back to the art room.
We were then given the choice whether we wanted to do the portrait on an A2 or A3 page. I chose A3 because I thought that A2 was a bit big! We then had to draw the outline of our person and shade in the black parts of the picture. Once this was finished, we had to get the 2 cassette tapes that all of us had collected and use them to fill in the shaded areas in the picture. This is the stage that I am at now! I find it quite difficult to decide which way the tapes look best but I am getting there!
Here are a few examples of what we are trying to achieve:

James Taylor

Bob Marley




The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment