Monday, April 29, 2013

Swim a mile with a smile

Every year all of the TYs and lcvp students take part in the Swim a mile with a smile challenge.The event was set up by Laura and Brian Daly after the death of their son, Ian in 2003. Ian died of a rare form of cancer and all of the funds raised from the event go towards Our Lady's hospital, Crumlin and Barretstown Camps. 
When I applied for TY, one of the things that I was really looking forward to was Swim a mile. I love swimming so I was excited to see how much lengths I could actually swim. We got ourselves into teams of 4 or 5 and all contributed to the mile. I was in a team with Aideen, Róisín B, Orlaith, and Alanna D. I swam a total of 32 lengths, which adds up to half a mile. In total the group swam 2 and a half lengths and the all together we came to 24 lengths. It was a great achievement for everyone and afterwards we earned a well deserved trip to Blanchardstown shopping centre for some food and a bit of shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment